Daniel C. Butler PA-C is a graduate of University of Iowa College of Medicine Physician Assistant Program, where he completed both his physician assistant certification and a Master of Physician Assistant Studies degree. Prior to admission to the Physician Assistant program, Mr. Butler received a Master of Science degree from Colorado State University in Human Anatomy and Physiology. Mr. Butler had seven years’ experience in primary care medicine prior to joining SGC.
- 2/04 - 9/06 Physician Assistant, Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center, McMinnville, OR. Scope of practice: Primary care/family practice and occasional obstetrics.
- 2/03 - 2/04 Assistant Professor, Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine, Division of Physician Assistant Education
- 7/01 - 6/03 Physician Assistant, Northwest Human Services. Salem, OR. Scope of practice: Primary care/family practice.
- 9/98 - 6/01 Physician Assistant, Golden Valley Health Centers, Los Banos, CA. Scope of practice: Primary care/family practice, urgent care, and occasional obstetrics.
- 1996 - 1998 M.P.A.S. Physician Assistant Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Master’s Paper: “Does a low fat/high carbohydrate diet exacerbate the manifestations of metabolic syndrome X?”
- 1994 - 1996 M.S. Anatomy and Physiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO. Master’s Research Paper: “Phantom limb pain, and the role of neuroplasticity in the etiology and treatment of phantom pain syndromes.”
- 1989 - 1991 B.A. English, California State University, Stanislaus, Turlock, CA.
- 2006 National Diabetes Collaborative Medical Team Leader, Virginia Garcia Memorial
- 2005 Lead Clinician, Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center
- 2003 Clinical Year Coordinator, OHSU PA Program
Awards, Certifications & Honors
- Physician Assistant, National Certification
- Graduate Fellow, Physician Assistant Program, University of Iowa
- National Health Service Core Dedicated Service Award
- Honors designation, CSU Stanislaus; University of Iowa College of Medicine
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Oregon Society of Physician Assistants
- Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
- 2006 National Diabetes Collaborative, Virginia Garcia Memorial
- 2004—2006 Pharmacy and Therapuetics, Virginia Garcia Memorial
- 2004—2005 Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement, Virginia Garcia Memorial
- 1998—2001 Medical Operations, Golden Valley Health Center
- Cycling, hiking, mountain biking