Financial Policy Overview
- Don’t forget that co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, deposits and past balances are due before your visit.
- We bill secondary insurance and accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, ACH or debit cards, personal checks ($25 charge for those returned) or cash – whichever works best for you.
- A diagnosis code cannot be changed for the purpose of securing reimbursement from insurance carriers.
- You should see a refund processed within 45 days of overpay, if not please contact our billing office at 503-399-7520, Option 4.
- Workman’s compensation claims are considered private pay and are not billed.
Missed Office Visits at Salem Gastro
- A 24-hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule all office visits. If you miss your appointment, there is a $25 fee*.
- After 3 missed appointments, you will be redirected to your primary care physician.
Missed Procedures at Salem Endoscopy Center
- A 72-hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule your procedure. A missed appointment or a third reschedule will result in a $100 fee*.
*These fees are charged directly to you, not your insurance company, and must be paid before rescheduling.
At Salem Gastro and Salem Endoscopy Center, we’re committed to providing you with the best possible care – from scheduling your first visit to billing – and that means helping you understand your financial responsibilities as our patient.
Let us help you understand your bill or the status of your account by calling our billing office at 503-399-7520, Option 4.
To download a copy of our Financial Policy click here.
We have new statements and payment portal for making payments!
Our new statement is simple and easy to understand! We have added a better way to pay your Salem Gastro bills online at any time with any device and payment method. You can register, make payments, sign up for eStatements and automatic payments here: Payment Portal
If You Have
Medical Insurance Benefits:
- We accept most major health plans. See our Insurance Accepted page for a complete list, or call us to make sure we accept your insurance.
- It is your responsibility as our patient to provide accurate and current information at the time of service so that we may bill your insurance.
- Co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, deposits and past due balances are payable before your appointment or when you visit our office.
If You Do Not Have
Medical Insurance Benefits:
- A $100 deposit is required at time of service for all office visits and will be deducted from your balance at time of billing.
- A self-pay discount is applied to office and procedure charges after you receive services. Keep in mind that procedures scheduled with or without insurance have the same policies.
NOTE: Your insurance coverage is an agreement between you and your insurance company. Financial responsibility rests with the patient for deductibles, co-insurance and non-covered services. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.