Nurse Provided Education and Instruction
The Salem Gastro nurses are knowledgeable about many GI diseases, treatments and preventive measures, and they’re happy to share their knowledge with you. You can receive education and instruction in person or over the phone.
Our nursing staff can demonstrate and help with injections, discuss medication administration, advise home care for symptoms, evaluate your need for urgent care and review care and maintenance of gastrostomy tubes. They can also help you learn about and manage the following conditions:
- Hepatitis (liver disease/inflammation)
- Colitis (intestinal inflammation)
- Gastroparesis (slow moving digestive system)
- Barrett’s Esophagus (cell changes due to acid reflux)
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease, a.k.a. acid reflux)
- Rectal bleeding and hemorrhoids
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Heartburn, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
Additional educational information is available on our website as well as in writing upon request.