Colorectal cancer is one of the most common, and most deadly, of cancers. For this reason, colon cancer screening is recommended for everyone over the age of 50. The good news is colon cancer is 90% preventable when detected early, so we’re glad you’re considering a screening. These exams save lives. Preventing this disease is our driving passion at Salem Gastro.
It’s important to know that if you have a personal or family history of colorectal cancer, benign colorectal polyps, or inflammatory bowel disease, you may be at a higher risk for colorectal cancer.
To Make an Appointment
Please call our clinic during phone hours Mon-Fri:
7:30am to 4:00pm
Facts to Consider
- Colorectal cancer is the #2 cause of cancer deaths in the U.S.
- Both men and women are at risk of this cancer of the colon and rectum
- 93% of cases occur in people age 50 and older
- Symptoms are nonexistent, especially at first
- Colorectal cancer generally develops from precancerous polyps. Screening exams can find polyps so they can be removed before they become cancerous.
Did your primary care physician recommended you for screening? Then you may be eligible for direct colonoscopy scheduling. This allows you to schedule your colonoscopy without the need for an office visit.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment.